How to re-color confocal images into colors that reproduce better or to desired colors. Image J is the preferred program for this function. See video for typical beginning to end method for working with confocal images.
How to Colorize in GIMP
• Same as Photoshop except Levels is in Color Menu (Color > Levels).
How to Colorize in Image J
- Under Edit > Options > Appearance choose correct bit depth to match image (bit depth can be found under Image > Show Info).
- Under Image > Look Up Tables, select from colors.
- Be sure to substitute Cyan for Blue (blue does not reproduce well, nor is it easy to see on screen).
- Before saving, Image > Type > RGB. Otherwise image will not retain colors. Note that image will become 8-bits and ready for publisher.