How to rotate, flip and straighten images in Photoshop for images from microscopes and from gel, blot and film scanners (electrophoretic samples).
How to Rotate in GIMP
- Drag guidelines along vertical and horizontal landmarks in image (as in Photoshop).
- Click rotate tool in toolbar. As tool rotates a dialog box indicates degree of rotation.
- Click Rotate button when satisfied.
How to Rotate Image in Image J
- Image > Transform > Rotate. A rotate box appears: click Preview.
- Rotate while Previewing: horizontal and vertical guidelines are automatically included.