Here you’ll find an independent quantitation lab for providing data to the FDA; or for quality control, or development of metrics for your instrument. We are in the world of light, and we’ve worked with microscopes, micro-array devices, macro-scopes, dissection scopes, lasers, illumination sources, standard camera set-ups, confocals, ophthalmic cameras; fluorescent, phosphorescent and brightfield systems; along with microscope methods that include FRET, FLIM, LSCM, SHG, multi-photon, etc.
Quantification (aka quantization) methods include stereology and computer-aided image analysis; or a combination of both. We use novel methods and often customize imaging devices specific to the project when necessary.
When images don’t appear as desired, or when you need a more inexpensive solution, we can provide instrumentation designed for your purposes. We make these to solve issues with reflection, glare, speckle, noise, haze, low signal, poor resolution, autofluorescence, unusual mounts for specimens, etc. Our instruments are often custom microscopes and macro-scopes (dissection scopes) employing LED, laser and other light sources.
Show us flawed images and we’ll evaluate how to improve imaging conditions. Or send dermatological images, samples, imaging issues to overcome and we’ll get back to you. Use the contact form below and let us know where images are stored on the cloud.
Selection of Clients
Areas of Expertise:
- Fluorescent filtering and illumination; fluorescence
- Phosphorescent illumination; phosphors
- Ultra-Violet (UV, UVA, UVB, UVC), Visible, and Near Infrared (NIR, IR) wavelengths
- Optics (aspherics, doublets, laser, condensers, etc.) and optical path development
- Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging Microscopy and gated cameras (FLIM)
- Second Harmonic Imaging and 2-photon excitation
- Total Internal Interference Fluorescence (TIRF) and quartz glass
- Auto-Fluorescence and subtraction methods
- Widefield, confocal, multi-photon and spinning disk microscopy
- Simple and inexpensive imaging systems with less moving parts
- Single cube, multiple wavelength, low light, single camera systems
- Diode and diode laser excitation
- Ophthalmic retinal imaging
- Stereology and computer-aided quantitation methods
- Polarization, darkfield and differential interference techniques.
- Computer identification of objects and materials in images (machine vision)
- Cost-effective microscope/image array systems and components (optics engineer)
- Images from novel sample mounts that do not conform to standard scopes (PDMS)
- Color calibration standards (quality control, quality assurance)
- Methods for quantization in post processing (image analyst. software design)
- Instruction in digital imaging and microscopy (Microscopy Instruction)
- Measurement of clinical samples (Clinical Investigation)
- Instruction in Image Ethics (Image Integrity)
Latest Posts for Scientific Imaging Instruction
- How to Use a Microscope for Color Brightfield Specimens
- 45 degree lettering gels blots illustrator figures plates
- Cropping at Common Crop for Several Images Figures Plates Illustrator
- Saving Figures Plates in Illustrator as EPS etc
- Add lettering to Figures Plates in Illustrator